Mates Rates are a mainstay of Aussie culture. But instead of helping a mate out by saving them a few dollars, what if you could help a mate out even more, by donating a few dollars?
CEO of Rural Aid, John Warlters, has encouraged locals to continue the spirit of Australia Day, to help out Aussie farmers.
“We’re great at lending a hand to mates in need here in Australia – it’s one of the best parts of our nation,” Mr Warlters said.
“Right now, our farmers are in need of some ‘Mates Rates’. Rural Aid is encouraging the rest of the nation to dig deep to help out our farming families. By donating a few dollars to Rural Aid, you’ll help a farming family and their community get back on their feet after years of drought and devastating bushfires.”
Last financial year, Rural Aid distributed more than $28 million worth of fodder, water, financial assistance and counselling to farmers and towns in need of a helping hand.
Donations from the Mates Helping Mates campaign will contribute to Rural Aid’s Stronger Futures program, an initiative that helps rejuvenate towns and surrounding farms.
The multi-pronged program provides the knowledge, resources and the heavy lifters to ensure rural communities are maximizing their full potential.
The Mates Helping Mates campaign is a third of the way towards its target of $100,000.
“These generous donations will help to change the lives of our farming mates,” Mr Warlters said.
To make a donation, visit www.ruralaid.org.au/mates-helping-mates
For more information contact Rural Aid media on 0447 116 757 or at email@example.com
- Country music icon pairs with rising star to pen song for farmers
- Rural Aid and CBA roll 296 bales of hay into drought-stricken Armidale
- FARMERS THE REAL WINNERS AT BUNDABERG’S ULTON RACE DAY
- RURAL AID CONGRATULATES WOLFF COFFEE ROASTERS ON PHILANTHROPIC AWARD
- A FLIGHT WITH HEART – FLYING FOR RURAL AID
- MORGANS FINANCIAL DONATES OVER $1.3M TO RURAL AID FOR GIFT CARDS FOR FARMERS
- HOW TO YARN LIKE A FARMER
- ‘BEE AN ANGEL’ AND HELP RURAL AID SUPPORT AUSTRALIA’S LITTLEST LIVESTOCK
- RURAL AID’S OUR TOWNS MAKEOVER IS COMING TO CUNNAMULLA QLD
- Cowaramup kids’ farm frenzy for Buy A Bale Day | Photos