|Australia’s leading rural charity, Rural Aid, has postponed its upcoming Our Towns event in Orroroo. In consultation with the town’s leaders, Rural Aid has decided to delay the award-winning program until 2022. Orroroo is one of ten towns chosen by Rural Aid to receive a $100,000 package to renew and revitalise their community. The award-winning Our Towns program is hallmarked by a team of incredible Rural Aid volunteers who spend a week making over a small town. Orroroo’s Our Towns week was due to take place on the 31st of October through to the 6th of November. |
Rural Aid CEO John Warlters said the ongoing uncertainty of Covid-19 restrictions prompted the postponement. “Covid-19 and its associated restrictions are still impacting our lives,” Mr Warlters said. “Rural Aid holds peoples’ safety in the highest regard. For this reason, we’ve decided to postpone Orroroo for a few months.” “We’re sad to have to delay our visit, but we can’t wait to finally set foot in Orroroo and start on dozens of projects,” Mr Warlters said. An exact date for Orroroo’s Our Towns event hasn’t been determined yet, but local leaders and Rural Aid are working towards May 2022. “It’s great to hear Orroroo residents are still toiling away at their Community Development Plan, off the back of recent workshops facilitated by Rural Aid,” Mr Warlters added. “We know the Orroroo community is so looking forward to our arrival and the feeling is mutual! As soon as borders have reopened and restrictions eased, we’ll be making a beeline for South Australia’s mid-north,” Mr Warlters concluded.
The award-winning Our Towns program is part of Rural Aid’s Stonger Futures initiative. Rural Aid is heavily invested in strengthening rural communities through its multi-faceted Stronger Futures program- giving locals the resources and confidence needed to help their region thrive. For interviews or more information, contact Rural Aid media on 0447 116 757 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rural Aid’s first desalinator descends on Tenterfield
- Texas QLD farmers to receive 272 bales of hay
- Rural Aid’s photography competition is back!
- Rural Aid returns to magical Monto
- Finish and Rural Aid deliver 2 million litres of water to New England region as part of #FinishWaterWaste initiative
- RURAL AID DELIVERS WATER TANKS TO FIRE IMPACTED COBARGO
- Rural Aid and John Deere combine forces to cultivate success on a Lockyer Valley farm
- CANBERRA GRAMMAR DONATES MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS TO COUNTRY COUSINS
- RURAL AID’S OUR TOWNS MAKEOVER IS COMING TO CUNNAMULLA QLD
- Zoe cox Rural Aid Counsellor on Covid-19