Rural Aid’s unofficial spokesperson, The Ringer, advises Australians on how to dress like a farmer.
One of Australia’s largest rural charities, Rural Aid, is asking all Australians to dress like a farmer for the national “Good Onya Mate” fundraising concert scheduled for 28 November.
Rural Aid’s unofficial spokesperson for the event, known as The Ringer, held a press conference today to advise Australians on appropriate headwear for the event.
“You want to make sure you’re not wearing your country hat awkwardly like a city politician on a farm visit,” The Ringer says from his paddock in central Queensland.
“Brim size is all important, and don’t go putting a feather in your cap – no one in the bush will take you seriously.”
The charity encourages Australians to post a photo of their outfits with the hashtag #goodonyamate as a message of solidarity to farmers across the country.
“While I’ve got your attention. Let me blow your mind with a few stats. In the last financial year Rural Aid provided more than $28 million in financial assistance to almost 5,000 farmers, including more than 20,000 pre-paid gift cards. We travelled across rural Australia to ensure more than $11 million in fodder and hay totalling over 50,000-plus large bales, almost 3,000 water deliveries valued at more than $1 million were delivered and some 1,300 farmer counselling sessions were provided.”
Official spokesperson, CEO John Warlters 0409618641
Unofficial spokesperson, The Ringer 0407652149
Media contact, Lyndsey Douglas 0424203935 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rural Aid opens $1 million fund for mouse plague affected farmers
- Boots, belt-buckles and big hats
- Rural Aid delivers hay to drought affected Victorian region
- Rural aid raises miles of smiles
- Farm Fest Toowoomba 2017
- Counsellors urge farmers to speak up about ongoing mouse plague
- RURAL AID WELCOMES JOHN WARLTERS AS THE NEW CEO
- Texas QLD farmers to receive 272 bales of hay
- 2021- Rural Aid’s year of renewal
- Rural Aid program the Gift of Music is asking for donations of old instruments