| Farmers in the Hawkesbury and Nepean regions are being offered financial and counselling assistance in the wake of the recent flooding crisis. |
Australia’s most trusted rural charity, Rural Aid, is providing a new round of financial assistance for farming families in the impacted local government areas.
Flood-affected primary producers are now able to apply for a $400 pre-paid Visa card. Rural Aid CEO John Warlters said the latest assistance follows the distribution of $1 million to flooded farmers earlier this year.
“Our growers and graziers have endured up to four floods in 15 months,” Mr Warlters said.
“They are demoralized and heartbroken. Rural Aid is making life a little easier as they wrap their heads around another huge recovery.”
Farmers, their families and employees, are also able to access Rural Aid’s free counselling service.
“These extreme weather events have really knocked the wind from our farmers’ sails. Morale and motivation are understandably low,” Mr Warlters said.
“Rural Aid’s counselling team will travel to the region once it’s safe to do so, in order to provide a listening ear. Our counsellors are embedded in these communities and will continue to support their farmers in the long months ahead,” Mr Warlters finished.
Primary producers are being encouraged to register with Rural Aid here: https://faa.ruralaid.org.au/ Donations to Rural Aid can be made here: https://www.ruralaid.org.au/donate
About Rural Aid
Rural Aid is Australia’s most trusted rural charity. We stand with our farmers when they need us most. Rural Aid provides critical support to farmers affected by natural disaster through financial, wellbeing and fodder assistance. Rural Aid’s community programs help create more sustainable communities by building stronger futures for all Australian farmers. Find out more at www.ruralaid.org.au
For more information or interviews, contact Rural Aid media on email@example.com or 0447 116 757.
- Rural Aid program the Gift of Music is asking for donations of old instruments
- CANBERRA GRAMMAR DONATES MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS TO COUNTRY COUSINS
- Rural Aid thanks incredible volunteers for National Volunteer Week
- Buy a Bale needs your help to deliver hay
- Zoe cox Rural Aid Counsellor on Covid-19
- How you can support Western NSW farmers fighting the drought
- Rural Aid’s flood funding surpasses $1million
- Farming families start 2022 with Rural Aid in their corner
- MORGANS FINANCIAL DONATES OVER $1.3M TO RURAL AID FOR GIFT CARDS FOR FARMERS
- World’s Greatest Pub Fest – Maryborough 2017